Saturday, June 18, 2005

A Big, Bad, Bloody Battle


I'm tempted to pay the PPV for this fight. Gatti is the closest thing to a "Rocky" character in the biz today. He's a tough little bastard who fights like a brawler, bleeds like a stuck pig, and never gives up. Mayweather is much like an "Apollo Creed"---amazingly skilled as a boxer and a trash-talker. From what I've seen, Mayweather is more skilled and hits harder. The tale of the tape says Mayweather has a greater reach. I'm expecting Mayweather to win, after beating Gatti to a bloody pulp. Whaddya think guys?

2 Comments:

Blogger Heff said...

EXTREMELY TEMPTED TO PURCHASE !!! EXTREMELY HARD TO CALL !!! You are right about Mayweather having more skill, although I think Mayweather's SPEED is going to be even more of a factor than his REACH. Gatti DOES have hope in my opinion, though - IF HE TURNS IT IN TO A UGLY BRAWL like he did 3 times with Mickey Ward. THE LIL' BASTARD CAN TAKE PUNISHMENT ! - At least 'til his eyes shut, or he bleeds out.....

3:27 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Oh, I have no doubt that Gatti's going to leave his blood, heart, and soul in the ring (and all over Mayweather's gloves). I'm rooting for the underdog DUI guy, as opposed to the highly favored wife-beater.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home