Friday, June 10, 2005

Not Gonna Pay !!

Tyson/McBride - 06/11/2005 Pay-Per-View on Showtime.

As copied from BLOG O' HEFF :

It'll really have to be a slow night at the House O' Heff for me to purchase this fight. Due to possible inclimate weather screwing up any late outdoor activity, it's an option - though a small one. Common sense begs me not to buy this fight. I'll probably mind my purse-strings, and instead watch the Casamayor/Diamond & Cotto/Abdullev lightweight card on HBO Boxing After Dark. People say Tyson is washed up. I do not agree. Sure - the guy has issues out the ass, but he still has the most devastating punching power in the business in my opinion. Do I think he'll ever be Heavyweight Champion again ? Probably not, but you really can't discount a 50-5-0 record with 44 wins by knockout. I basically know NOTHING about Kevin McBride, except that he was supposed to fight Tyson twice before, and negotiations fell through both times. The ridiculous Mike Tyson/Peter McNeely fight insued years ago when the McBride & Tyson camps couldn't come to an agreement. This fight will probably be of the same calibur - HEFF'S HAYMAKER : McBride running like a bitch until he gets tagged by a explosive Tyson punch knocking him out probably before the 4th round. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it. Though with Tyson, you never really know.

P.S. The fight I really wanna see is at this point is Tyson/Ruiz. It would be a great opportunity for Tyson to aquire a belt, and I think Ruiz would get the punch to the head he truly deserves. I would pay for that one, and videotape it for the masses.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Agreed. I would dearly love to see Ruiz pummeled and humiliated, whether by Tyson or Vitali K.

I predict Tyson will either take McBride out in 2, or (outta my ass prediction, here) McBride might just take down Tyson with a late-round TKO (of course, this is utter bullshit, but I always love a good upset).

12:55 PM  
Blogger Heff said...

Yea, Paul. If Tyson doesn't get the knockout EARLY, He usually doesn't get it at all, and his chance of winning always seems to get more slim as the fight wears on.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home