Sunday, November 13, 2005

Prince Naseem Hamed Comeback?

Like the millions of others who hated Hamed, I loved watching Barerra beat the dogpiss out of the smart-mouthed little bastard three years ago.

Now, while I was glad to see him lose, I did love to watch the little guy fight. Hamed hit hard, and his flashy, unorthodox style made for some very fun-to-watch matches. Sometimes he would come out and totally flummox a traditional boxer before flooring him, and sometimes he would be getting his ass kicked, only to make a comeback with huge, wild punches.

There is now some comeback talk. Hamed is a proud man, and his lone defeat (truthfully, he mostly fought bums and avoided some of the better fighters of his day) probably still gnaws at him.

I would like to see him fight Manny Pacquiao, a fight I was hoping to see when Hamed made his "first comeback" to beat an outclassed Manuel Calvo back in 2002. According to the article linked above, Hamed has plumped up enough that he'll not likely make it back down to featherweight. I'm curious to see where he lands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home