Monday, October 03, 2005

Say Goodnight, Roy.

I don't always agree with Dan Rafael, but he hit nail right on the chin with this editorial. The gist of it-----Roy Jones, Jr should retire before he is hurt.

Many folks, Rafael among them, say that Jones was the best, or "untouchable" for a long time before his sudden downfall. I've always said that Jones was overrated, and I think that his long streak of victories is more the product of schedule manipulation than boxing greatness.

Whatever happens, I think that Jones is a decent fellow, and has been an asset to "the sweet science". I hope that he's managed his millions well, and that he retires while he's still best able to enjoy them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heff said...

Damn. Heff missed alot of fights over the weekend.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home