Friday, July 29, 2005

Jones Tarver III !

The fight most experts said would never happen is happening. Roy Jones Jr. is coming back to the ring in order to meet Antonio Tarver for the third time.Anwar Richardson of the Tampa Tribune has reported that the fight is practically a done deal, pending final approval from both promoters, but Brad Jacobs, Jones' senior adviser, views it as a mere formality.The bout appears to set for Oct. 1 on pay-per-view. Jacobs believes that the event will be held in Las Vegas.Tarver is fully ready for the upcoming bout and is planning to fight at his best to prove that he did not stop Jones with a lucky punch. Jones will be returning in his first bout since getting knocked out by Glen Johnson last September."I'm excited about this fight because I know this is what the fans want," Tarver told the Tribune. "Roy Jones has been on top of the game for a long time. His fans love him and they are anxious to see if he can vindicate himself. I'm getting up for this fight because he's Roy Jones Jr. Some people said maybe he had an off-night when I beat him, or I closed my eyes and landed a lucky punch."

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

OH YEAH! I love watching Roy Jones,Jr get beat up!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Heff said...

Sadly, I'll probably pay for this one.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home