Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Rankings, Smankings

About.com recently published their top 50 active heavyweights. I disagree with a lot of their guy's picks, but hey, that's a big part of the fun of being a boxing fan. Boxrec has their own system for objectively ranking fighters, but their rankings often ends up with varying amounts of craziness (John Ruiz at number five?), making college football's BCS foolishness pale by comparison.

Until I see otherwise, I'll consider Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis, and Vitali K retired, and my rankings will take into account where the fighters are now.

Off the cuff, I'll say that the top 3 heavyweights (in no particular order) are:

Serguei Lyakhovich, Lamon Brewster, Wladmir Klitschko.

Serguei beat Lamon who ko'ed a Wlad who was thrashing him 'til he ran out of gas. Lamon has the most power, and he and Serguei each have a better chin that Klitschko, who is probably the most skilled boxer.

There are other good heavyweights, and I have no idea how everything will shake out, but as soon as I have my rankings set, I'll post them.

Who do you, noble readers, choose as your top 3, 5, or 10 heavyweights?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home